We need you. We have a platform for you to share your stories, your thoughts and challenge the narrative around the way Reproductive and Mental Health is currently reported.
Without a diverse mix of voices we are unable to connect with our audience. We know that marginalized individuals rarely have a chance to tell their story in their own way. You will join our Cysterhood, a collective of individuals who all are passionate about reproductive and mental health.
Cysters is a volunteer, run and led charity. We have been unfortunate to have a group of dedicated individuals who have supported us to get us to where we are now. We are passionate about reproductive and mental health, and note the communities that require our support the most are those living below the poverty line, hence why our posts are voluntary. We hope that the with your support, we can reach out, spread our influence and get support of those who can financially support our work.
All volunteers are vital too the growth of Cysters and you will play a vital role in the team and in return will we’ll offer an incredible experience, meeting lots of amazing and like-minded people. The best part of all is your inspiration, energy and skills will help us to challenge and change the narrative around reproductive and mental health.
We have the following three vacancies available.
Social Media Champion
We’re looking for a creative Social Media Champion to join our team. This role calls for a candidate with a passion for social media and using this to shout about reproductive and mental health, who can write, edit and optimise posts across various platforms.
The successful candidate will understand challenges faced by marginalized communities and use social media to tackle this in a positive way as well as grow our social following through community management including our Digital Support Groups. The position requires a hard-working team player who understands a range of content and thus has an intuitive sense of how to maximise the brand’s digital potential.
- Work remotely
- Hours per week: 2 – 3 hours
Key duties and responsibilities
- To manage the Cysters Social Media through Hootsuite.
- Organic content creation and scheduling, alongside community management (Private Support Group)
- To support and check in on individuals on our private Facebook support group.
Expert / Advisory Board
Cysters believe that only by informing and education women on their reproductive and mental health can they be empowered. In order to do this we require the support of experts, clinicians and those with experience with the NHS.
As an advisory board member, you will be part of a small group that helps to our information is correct and helping us grow our work and educational workshops within marginalized communities.
As a panel member you’ll be asked to:
- Act as a sounding board for ideas and suggestions
- Share best practice and past experiences
- Provide recommendations on key issues around reproductive and mental health
Each board member is invited to do the following:
• To be a champion of Cysters
• To engage individuals and organisations who will add significant value to the achievement of Cysters goals, whether as delivery partners, influencers or support
- At least four meetings per year held via Skype
- Ad hoc meetings may be required
- Meeting Durations will be 1 – 2 per meet.
The benefits of being a panel member
- Help shape the future of Cysters
- Working with marginalized communities
- Opportunity to meet new people and expand your network
- Opportunities to represent Cysters in the Media
We are looking for more talented and motivated writers to join our content team. As part of our content team, you will be responsible for writing everything from motivational blogs to educational.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and have proven experience of writing for a blog, university or other online publication. They will possess a precise and confident communication style, with good listening skills and the ability to communicate at all levels. It is essential that candidates are personable, deadline focused, with excellent attention to detail.
If you are passionate about writing and producing interesting and well-researched content for websites and have an interest in reproductive and mental health then this position could be ideal for you.
Experience & Essential Skills
- Degree in Journalism, English or related field, or extensive experience relevant to the role
- An excellent command of the English language – written and oral
- PR / Journalism
- A confident, professional and friendly personality
- An exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Experience in blog writing
- Ability to write with authority about different subjects relating to reproductive and mental health.
- Tone should be informative and conversational.
- Proofreading is vital.
- 1 to 2 articles a month
How to apply
If you think you have everything we’re looking for in these volunteer roles then we’d love to hear from you. Just drop us a CV and Covering Letter at firstname.lastname@example.org